We are heading towards the Isabelle2018 release, which is scheduled for August 2018. This spot provides a reference for upcoming release candidates.
- Isabelle2018-RC0 (06-Jun-2018): informal snapshot for experimentation. See also AFP/7f9c8aca53e8.
- Isabelle2018-RC1 (02-Jul-2018): first official release candidate; almost everything ready, but some documentation still needs update. See also AFP/2af750da996c.
- Isabelle2018-RC2 (22-Jul-2018): consolidated release candidate (after attending FLoC 2018 at Oxford). See also AFP/7175b64d54a4. Notable changes:
- Update of Poly/ML component: slightly improved performance and more robust.
- Update of Kodkodi component for Nitpick on Windows (back to status-quo from Isabelle2017).
HOL-Real_Asympby Manuel Eberl.
- Further library tuning of
- Isabelle2018-RC3 (29-Jul-2018): fairly stable release candidate. See also AFP for Isabelle2018. Notable changes:
- Update of Poly/ML component: proper monitoring of ML threads.
- Update to latest Java 8 release: jdk-8u181.
- More command-line options for
isabelle vscode_server(relevant for VSCode settings
- Isabelle Server: allow to specify timeout for
- Proper treatment of forked proof within context of
- More robust build of HOL-Proofs with
- More flexible document build script.
- Clarified word characters in Isabelle/jEdit to accommodate
- Isabelle2018-RC4 (07-Aug-2018): presumably the last release candidate. See also AFP for Isabelle2018. Notable changes:
- Update of Isabelle/jEdit manual.
- Fine-tuning of
-c -x -B.
- Fine-tuning of Isar command span range: relevant for checking of formal comments.
- Removed Sledgehammer prover
veriT: not ready for release.
The Isabelle release process is subject to the laws of causality: release candidates can be modified, but the final release is unchangeable. This means that testing needs to happen in the weeks before the final release.
The main forum for discussion of Isabelle2018 release candidates is on isabelle-users mailing list.