We are heading towards the Isabelle2017 release, which is scheduled for October 2017. This spot provides a reference for upcoming release candidates.
- Isabelle2017-RC0 (15-Aug-2017): informal snapshot for early experimentation. See also AFP/c98eb24b3598.
- Isabelle2017-RC1 (03-Sep-2017): first official release candidate; almost everything ready, but some documentation still needs update. See also AFP/c7574e891704.
- Isabelle2017-RC2 (08-Sep-2017):
- improved Nunchaku model finder: now in Main HOL;
- more HOL-Analysis material;
- clarified dependencies of theory HOL-Library.Monad_Syntax;
- robustification and fine tuning of Isabelle/jEdit.
See also AFP/dfb6f8bc70e3.
As usual, the Isabelle release process is subject to the laws of causality: release candidates can be modified, but the final release is unchangeable. This means that testing needs to happen in the weeks before the final release, not after it.
The main forum for discussion of Isabelle2017 release candidates is on isabelle-users mailing list.